Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
One time poster
Barry____

Sony PC Companion won't update my phone

I have a Xperia P phone and it's saying that there is an update to this phone. So I have tried both the PC companion and whenever I get to the stage of turning off my phone and holding down the 'volume down' button when plugging in the phone into the laptop, it does not progress. In effect, I am stuck here:

soni1.PNG

I also serached the internet and found another piece of advice which was to download Update Service Centre, yet still I get to the same point in this application too:

soni2.PNG

Please help!

Barry.

One time poster
smith24v

Re: Sony PC Companion won't update my phone

I am also stuck at the same stage. Whats happening.....? Anyone help?

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

First try switching to another USB-port in your PC and don't use any USB-hub.

If that doesn't help, press and hold both on/off and vol+ for 10 seconds before connecting the phone with vol- pressed and keep holding the vol- pressed until you see PC Companion/Update Service go to the next step. It can take up to 30 seconds.

One time poster
FCBoomstick

Why is this topic assumed answered after less than a few hours without response? Terrible, terrible customer service from Sony.

Rickard/whothe****ever - don't give me this wishy washy "have you tried restarting your phone" rubbish, give me an effin' fix. I plug my phone in and PC Companion pops up and asks me to upgrade the firmware. I click accept and it "prepares" my PC. Then my phone turns itself off and the screenshot from Barry (above) appears. I've followed all the instructions it gives on this screen and yet it will not go onto the next screen and begin the install. I've repeated the steps at least 10 times and I've done all the stuff you told me to do (above), and yet surprise surprise it's still not working. If this phone tells me to update the firmware one more time I'm gonna mail it back to Sony with a bloody bomb strapped to it!

I'm using Windows 8 on my laptop - usually it's this which is the bane of my life - could this be the reason for the failed upgrades?

One time poster
FCBoomstick

Managed to get a fix yet Barry?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@FCBoomstick this is NOT customer service, you are in the wrong website, here contact Sony customer service directly

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@Barry use SUS

Repair your phone with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
FCBoomstick

Thank you, I'm literally tearing my hair out at the moment! In my defense the guys avatar states "Sony support" - as someone who works with tech every day it really grinds my gears when people say "have you restarted it"! :smileysilly:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I understand, when I contact my operator's/network's customer service it does upset me when I already told them I've done this this this this and that please do not tell me to repeat it :smileysilly:

One time poster
Barry____

Hi Rickard, I've tried this multiple times yet it still does not work. Any other advice or is this just an Xperia P fault?