Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

my vivaz wont work

cannot use my vivaz, wont let me send msg or make a call, i have downloaded updates but still not working, can anyone help ??

Anonymous(anon)

Re: my vivaz wont work

Can you recieve calls? I had a similar problem and from what I have seen others have too, the operator logo disappears and it says emergency call only? if so the only way I could sort it was restore factory settings.

Demigod
KrazyD

Hmm seems like it is barred either found or stolen.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem.  Emergency calls only for no reason.  The phone is new and it is not stolen or barred.  Very often the phone freezes and I have to remove the back cover (difficult in itself) and take out the battery and put it back.   What is the problem with this phone ?

Anonymous(anon)

I think its just a bug in the software that sony ericsson should look into. I had this problem when altering themes & adding custom themes. Restore factory setting and it gets the phone back working.

Anonymous(anon)

what will be lost by restoring factory settings ?

Demigod
KrazyD

Everything that is stored on phone memory as it will just be like the hone when you first purchased it.

Anonymous(anon)

You don't loose anything e.g. Apps, ringtones, messages all it does is reset the settings and you have to select personal settings again e.g. favourite ringtone etc.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks to KrazyD and Johnboo for your help.

Anonymous(anon)

Restoring the factory settings is not needed, just go to settings>communication>Network and choose manual then choose your network, fixed quick and easy ! no loose of data !