Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia play Touch screen problem

Hi guys i need some help.

i trapped my phone in my car door and smahed all the front of it. i got a new touch screen and replaced it and all seemed to be working fine for a few days then the touch screen wouldnt respond, if i slide the keypad out i can use that but there seems to be a blue square that is round the buttons when i slide the pad out.

ive tried taking it apart again incase of any loose connections but same problem when i turn it on, have also tried restoring firmware but still having same problem.

any ideas what it could be?

any help would be appriciated.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia play Touch screen problem

it might be a faulty touchscreen or one of the ribbons might be loose or broken

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

try going to service menu and see if the touchscreen works there

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/113787

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

hi thanks for the reply, tried it in the service menu but doesnt work

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I would suggest trying a different touchscreen

Anonymous(anon)

ok thanks will give that a try then.

any idea tho why it will let me navigate to and use all apps through the keypad but if i go to send a text message it just stays on the box where the message would appear and not let me navigate to the letters?

thanks again

Forum Legend
uliwooly

did you tried to repaired your phone with SUS?

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Anonymous(anon)

i did try that mate but still the same problem.

looks like another new screen i suppose

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I would double check the ribbons, sometimes they seemed to be connected properly but they aren't