Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Vivaz u5i Touch Screen Problems

I have a Sony Ericsson Vivaz u5i

It was all working untill one day when I plugged it in (I've been having some battery problems) and it was slower than usual, i got into the main menu and it froze, i thought thats odd, the touch screen wasn't responding at all, but the hard keys do, so at the moment all I can do is call my last missed call, (through going into camera, menu, exit, call button, call button, call button , talk)

How can I fix this, as I'm on Pay as you Go and buying a new phone will be very annoying as I will have to borrow from somewhere :smileysad:

Thanks

Andrew

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Vivaz u5i Touch Screen Problems

Repair your phone with either PCCompanion or Update Service

Update Service (SEUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

just remember that it will delete your sms/mms, apps, contacts etc

Don't forget to mark the  Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks, is there any way to import my contacts/sms's into my phone card? without using the touchscreen (for obvious reasons)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if you have them stored on your SIM card they should be fine, other than that you will need the touchscreen

Don't forget to mark the  Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

same problem with me too when i try to repair its showing error mesaage on pc companion  can any one solve for me please i love vivaz but its so annoying now hope i can find a solution for my problem