Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Vivaz AT&T

My AT&T  Vivaz won't turn on

The backlight and  Blue light on the side

Flashes   Two  short   One Long   One short    Then the AT&T logo appears  for about 6 seconds

Then repeats

What is the code trying to say ?

I was charging it overnight and now this

PLEASE ! ! help

Trustee
Nessa

Re: Vivaz AT&T

I would recommend that you repair the phone software. Please follow these instructions carefully:

Visit:   http://www.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Turn the phone off and disconnect it from the computer.

Run the Software:

No matter what the program says do not connect the phone until you complete step

In the welcome screen if asked click on Start, next you will be shown what Media Go offers, click on "next" then you will see a presentation on what Support Zone offers, click on "Finish".

In the next section from "Support Zone” and "Media Go" new select “Support Zone "    and click on start.

On the next page select "Software Update" and click on "Start".

The program will say that there is no phone connected and will ask you to connect but disregard that and instead choose the option to "Repair Phone". (The program will issue you a warning on the content that you will lose during the update).    Please be aware that any data saved only in your phone memory will be erased as part of the Phone Repair.

Choose Continue.

After that, the program will download the necessary information (several minutes) and it will present you with a list of phones.

Choose your phone model (close to the bottom of the list) by clicking on the icon for the phone. Then click on "Next".

Then you will see a new section telling you how to connect the phone. Follow the instructions. The Update Service is meant to update the software on the phone.

If you receive the message: “Unable to install update components"

a. Close Pc Companion

b. Install Java from: http://www.java.com

c. Start Pc companion again and try to do the software update process once more.

Anonymous(anon)

The Link  gives

This page appears to be missing

It might be that we had to rename it.

Don’t worry though: just click on our logo to get to our homepage. You can also use the search box above, or quick links provided below.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Trustee
Nessa

The link is working. Try to copy/paste it.

Anonymous(anon)

thanks  now it works.

I have downloaded pc-companion. but I can't get past step starting   "After that. the program will download...    "

Trustee
Nessa

If you haven't, try to restart your PC. Disable your antivirus and firewalls as well.

-Nessa