Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

RoadSync Issues

RoadSync Issues:

Version 5.0011 (1726)

Hi Sony Ericssion,

The SE Vivaz Pro is promoted as a Smartphone with MS Exchange support but the application responsible for email isn’t that great and lacks basic functions.

Below is my list of RoadSync Issues (which I have already reported to DataViz.com):

Bugs

1.       Does not obey “Reply-To” Field – only uses “From” field to reply emails.

2.       Application does not auto-start on SE Vivaz Pro on device start-up.

Annoyances

1.       Unable to select multiple recipients or contacts at once when composing or forwarding emails – only able to select one recipient or contact at a time.

2.       Unable to move multiple emails to folders – only able to move one email at a time.

Suggestions

1.       Deleting emails on Phone without deleting them on server.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: RoadSync Issues

I have roadsync and I can select multiple address when I send emails and when I delete an email on my Vivaz, on the next sync, it is deleted from Gmail.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Are you using a Vivaz or Vivaz Pro?

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

When you say "I can select multiple address when I send emails" - does that mean you can have multiple addresses per email or you can select multiple addresses at one time? My problem is that if I want to forward an email to, sat, 5 contacts, I have to insert the 5 contacts unto the email - one-at-a-time as per below:

Repeat for 5 Contacts

Options -> Contacts-> Select Contact

Loop

The contact list displayed in RoadSync is a single-select list - it should be a multi select list like when composing/forwarding text/sms.

Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

I have a Vivaz, but not the pro. When I select to send a new email, I click on the icon to select from my contact list. There, I can select multiple address just by pressing on the name of the contact.

New message -> press contacts icon (the one with the plus sign) -> each contact entry has a check box next to the name. As I press on each name, the check box is checked -> press OK and I could be prompted for each contact if it has multiple email addresses -> multiple addresses are in the To: area.

It is the same whether I choose New Message or go into Roadsync and select Options -> Create new -> email

Within Messaging I can click on Options ->Settings -> Email -> Mailboxes -> "My mailbox" -> User settings -> Set Email deletion to From phone and server.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Thats strange - I do not get a checkbox in my contact list!?

Question:

1. What version of RoadSync are you using?

2. I haven't setup any mailboxes on my phone as there is already a RoadSync mailbox in my list when I press MENU->Messaging. Do I need to?

Anonymous(anon)

The Roadsync version is 5.0011 (1726)

Interesting point. I can't remember why I set up a mail box with my email account that is the same as the one in Roadsync. Anyway, I did and when I send an email message , it uses that mailbox. I don't remember if I could send email without this box.

Why don't you set up a mailbox to that same that is in Roadsync and see if things work?

I tried and deleted the Gmail mailbox and attempted to send an email. That didn't work and stated that I didn't have an active mailbox and asked if I wanted to set one up. I did and the email was sent.

Roadsync documentation stinks, but that can be applied to any computer/cell phone company. All we can do it find out from others how the damn thing works and apply that.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I'm using the same version too!

I setup a mailbox. And yes! the contact list has checkbox next to the contact list BUT that means I'm using the standard email app that comes with the S60 OS! Not RoadSync!

The standard S60 email app/system does not support HTML emails or syncing contacts with Exchange but it does support the following which RoadSync is lacking!!!

1. multi-select contact list
  2. Expands (multi-line) subject field to display long subject lines rather than cutting it off.
  3. Expands (multi-line) To/CC/Bcc fields rather than cutting it off.
  4. Underlines checked contacts in to/cc fields
  5. Checking of contacts when SEND pressed, meaning if I typed "john" in the TO/Cc field, the app looks up the contacts for the text "John" and prompt me with a list to select - much like text/sms. Rather than RoadSync method - email sent to john@nowhere!

I don't understand how RoadSync can promotes itself as the best alternative - when basic functionalities are missed out!

And how Sony Ericsson (SE) can allow a lame and unfinished product as their email solution!?

Anonymous(anon)

After a few test, it seems that incoming mail comes via Roadsync, but outgoing mail goes via "built-in" email connection, i.e., not via Roadsync. I, too, am confused about Roadsync.

Anonymous(anon)

I submitted a question to Dataviz regarding Roadsync. Isn't navigating their website a chore? I don't know how many times I had to enter my product registration number and then had to switch from Firefox to IE. Let's hope that Dataviz doesn't maintain this site as it just might reflect on their software products.