Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
olivermmoore

Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

My phone won't turn on whatsoever. It is not unresponsive, the LEDs work, they go red when it is charging. I have looked for a solution but I can find absolutely none. I've charged it for 24 hours so it is not a matter of battery drain. When I connect it to the computer it says that "SEMC Flash Drive connected" and it plays the sound, not sure why it doesn't say Xperia Z connected. Sony PC Companion won't recognise the phone so it won't let me restore it. I've tried to put it in recovery but whenever I try to do it, the phone just vibrates and does nothing, same with turning it on, it just vibrates, does nothing and then vibrates again. Is there a way to wipe the data in it's state currently or is there a fix because right now my phone is as useful as a brick. The phone isn't stuck on the boot logo, it just won't turn on

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

Try running a repair, but ensure you start the process with the phone not connected to the PC and do not connect till it prompts you to do so after the repair option is selected.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
wazza080

I have the exact same problem, hope this is something that if fixable

Sony Xperia Support
Alexander

Try to start the phone by press and hold the power button and volume up at the same time. Also try to repair the phone in PCC. 

If the problem persists you should have the phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local support for more information: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Riveragain

this just happened to me as well. I've charged it for over 2 hours just in case the battery was completely dead. 

I tried the power + volume up' but the red light just turns off, and then back again but the screen stays blank.

How do i repair the phone in PCC?

Sony Xperia Support
Alexander

In PC Companion, press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phones software > Press the blue link 'repair phone'. Do this without the phone connected to the PC. 

Then follow the on-screen instructions given to you in the program. It will tell you when to connect the phone to the PC. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Greenhorn
viclaw

I also had this problem on the 18/9/13 and I've tried the power and volume button, charged it, removed the sim and SD card, tried a different charger, and none of them worked.

I also have the latest software update that supposedly resolved this.

Is this a case of sending it to Sony for them to sort out?

Thanks

Greenhorn
viclaw

Hello,

This doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

One time poster
StrictlyOZ

My Phone wouldn't turn on or charge and no lights were being activated, I tried the " Holding Power button and Volume up" butons and then it came on with a low battery so charged it up and back in action. Thanks for the Info.

One time poster
horse170

I charged my sony xperia z yesterday and it was fully charged when I turned it off to go to bed and now it wont turn back on dead as a maggot nothing tried power and volume thing removed all cards and still nothing phone is only three and half months old and very well looked after any one help me please. email me on ronald540@hotmail.com

Cheers horse170