Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Android for Vivaz

Dear Friends

I have bought Vivaz one week ago and it was such a good cell phone to have with marvellous features compared to its price and size. My pain is the OS which is Symbian S60 5th Edition which I hate more than the darkest hour. I wish if Sony Ericsson could change the OS from Symbian S60 to Android what is the possibilty to such so? is it need some hardware to be change? I feel pity for my Vivaz as it works using Symbian while my brother has Xperia X10 Minipro works with Android 1.6.

Sony Ericsson please help and we appreciate

Amro

Demigod
KrazyD

Re: Android for Vivaz

There is no possible way for the Vivaz to have the Android OS installed.

Anonymous(anon)

Not a chance.

Anonymous(anon)

what you will need to learn is that IT IS possible, there is a exploit in in ALL s60v5 phones, it will take a lot of work and time, but it's never impossible, but our first objective would to be to try to hack the phone so we can improve it with CFW's instead of the (Sorry SE) shitty SE firmwares we are getting.

Anonymous(anon)

Dear Friends

I feel a little bit sorry for these news but we have to accept it. For long time I use to use Nokia cell phones which I believe now it is not worthy buying these types of cell phones which depends on Symbian OS. If you compare Nokia to any other cell phone you will easly discover that the processor speed of any Nokia mobile is less than Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola, Apple, Acer or htc and this is because Symbian is much lighter OS and it does not required higher GHz which result in low OS system running on your mobile and after long time of using Nokia I discovered that the cell phone at the beginning is working fast and time by time starts to decay. Nokia in my country is no. 1 which I cannot believe that.

But I see SE is much better than Nokia hence i decide not to use Nokia any more

Anonymous(anon)

Dear Friend

It will be good news if it prevails to suceed. I saw Android on my brother Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Minipro. It is so toll.

Please feed me back if it succeed

Anonymous(anon)

hi, just wanna share.

before using vivaz pro (symbian) i used pda phone (WinMo)

i compared WinMo with Android, well i can have all people get from Android with my WinMo.

i need to buy a new phone, i was thinking to get x10mini pro. i looked over n over the SE catalog til i found vivaz pro. i said this is what i need: a multimedia phone with OS.

so i compared x10 mini pro and vivaz pro. i still believe what i get on x10 mini pro (Android), i can afford it with my vivaz pro (symbian), even more. so why bother to use Android?

people says Android have a lottttt of apps. so r u gonna use the whole apps on ur phone? please..and u'll see ur phone crashes, hehe..

i know people have their own opinion. well this is my opinion

Anonymous(anon)

Excuse me, but if you wanted an Android phone, you should have gotten one.

A ligitimate request is for the Vivaz to be upgraded to the latest Symbian, this should be SE's obligation to users (just like they upgrade their X10). Not to say that in MHO S^3 is better than Android.

In addtion, it's weakening our argumnet to SE when people say they want Android, we look like a bunch of unreasonable users (like buying a PC from HP with Windows installed and asking then to upgrade you to the latest MAC OS).

Sorry, I know you mean well...

Anonymous(anon)

hi, Nat.

i would say i agree with you. if people wanna have an android buy an android phone then.

i think what we can hope is waiting for info, is it possible vivaz (symbian 60) be upgraded to symbian^3 or not.

looking forward to it.

Anonymous(anon)

hello!

I am the owner of a vivaz and i have the same problem a little bit more complicate.

i cooparate with a company that creates software. They have make one working under

android or windows mobile.

I dont wanna pay again all those money.

Didnt know that Symbian gonna be so crappy!!

Sorry natalietsur but we couldnt know what we gonna need.

Some times it isnt up to us.

If there is any newsjust let us know