Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Aino U10i touchscreen and standby button stopped working

Hi,

I've Aino U10i phone and suddenly the touchscreen and standby button stopped working. I found many people in Internet with same problem but to no solution. I've tried restartint the phone, removing battery for 30 sec and ofcourse updating it with software update. But the problem persist.

I'm writing from the country Nepal so there isn't any chance of sending the phone for repair.

What I'd ideally like to do is fix this thing by flashing. I also don't mind purchasing parts from amazon/ebay and replacing the faulty part of the phone.

So can anyone please help me with flashing a ROM that has fix for this issue or guiding me to replace which part by what?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: Aino U10i touchscreen and standby button stopped working

Have you tried a phone repair with PC companion?

Anonymous(anon)

Yes I tried but no progress.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

It will need to be examined by an engineer who will assess where exactly the problem lies and what needs to be done to get it fixed.

Anonymous(anon)

There are many (and by many I mean way many) people in Internet having similar problem. Fir eg: check this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OnhVmRkzAg

There are also news that Sony Ericcsion has admitted the problem and will fix firmware update to fix it.

And for the people having the problem, Sony Ericcsion has fixed it. So I'm pretty sure the *Engineers at Sony Ericcsion knows what the problem is. Maybe the youtube video I posted above can help them recall. I'd like to mention again I live in Nepal and shipping the device back to Sony Ericcsion will be very very costly and troublesome. So if the enginners can tell me which part to replace with what or if there is some update I can install I'd very very happy user.