Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Community Manager
Johan

myXperia Nordic pilot launch

Today we’re launching a pilot of our upcoming service myXperia.

myXperia is a remote security service which helps you locate and protect your Xperia phone if it gets lost.

The purpose of this thread is for you users to be able to share your thoughts and experience with the service so please feel free to post feedback below.

You can find more information about our myXperia service at: https://myxperia.sonymobile.com/

This service will roll out gradually to selected devices beginning with Xperia acro S.

*Added support for Xperia S, Xperia V.

*Depending on software customization.

Currently supported market: Nordic

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
MrMason

Re: myXperia Nordic pilot launch

Hello Johan,
I just got the update to my AcroS, installed it and can not find it.
I restarted the phone, still nothing.
The update has dissapeard from "Software Updates", so I think it is installed, but I can not find anything under Settings-Xperia. There are still only the same titles as before: "About PlayStation Certified", "Anslutning", "Facebook i Xperia", "Inställn. för användningsdata" and "Internetinställningar".
As I understood there should be a new "myXperia", but it is not there.

Best Regards

Mikael

Sweden

Forum Legend
uliwooly

How about the good old US of A ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Sisyfos

Acro s witch ICS. No rooting or anything,only standard apps.

As MrMason  and ktp-fng I can´t find the installed app, and therefor not activate it.

My log in attempts to myXperia-account additionally tells me that my phone is registered with another Google-account (I only have one account , this is my first Android phone ever) and I have to log in with that account.

What to do?

Would like to uninstall - reinstall the app but can´t find it.

Advice wanted.

One time poster
MattsW

I had the same problem. This is what i did.

1. I kept refreshing update center.

2. Received a new notification to install myxperia.

3. Downloaded and completed the install.

4. Now i am able to login to the web and find my phone.

hurray!!!

Community Manager
Johan

I'm sorry there was a problem with the first update but a new is now being rolled out. Try refreshing your update center and install the new one. It should work.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Community Manager
Johan

I have no exact date for the US market at the moment, this pilot will run on the Nordic market for starters and I believe that as soon as we can see that it works good it will start to roll out to other markets as well.

sony_logo126x24.gif

One time poster
MrMason

Great, after this second update (Ver 0.0.A.0.37, I belive) it shows up as I would expect it.

/Thanks for a quick fix

One time poster
ktp-fng

The new version works almost perfectly, even though there is a small bug:

- after the phone is locked from myXperia, the unlock-glider doesn't do anything.. to unlock it, you have to push the back-button

One time poster
MrMason

Strange, the slider worked for me. But it was a bit "slow".