Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Anonymous(anon)

W595, media,walkman,battery not charging

ive been using my sony ericsson w595 for about 5 months now,but it started to have problems. my media player not working,all my games and applications are gone,when i set my themes,it said "theme corrupt,cant be set" i cant even put a wallpaper. i've tried resetting the phone several times. i removed mem card and all. nothing happened,it just gets worse and worst.often times the phone suddenly shuts off by itself and when i open it all messages and contacts are deleted.,call register does not registers recent calls. now the phone doesn't charge. everytime i put the chrager, a notification always says"cannot charge,please use a sony ericsson battery"

this phone is brandnew, original. and all it's accesories.

What am i gonna do?Can someone help me?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: W595, media,walkman,battery not charging

Sound like it needs a software update because at 5 months old it's not actually brand new.Use SEUS via PC.

Demigod
KrazyD

Incase you dont know what SEUS is it is called Sony Ericsson Update Service and or you can try SE PC Companion.

Anonymous(anon)

ok,i will try that out. But how AM I SUPPOSED TO if my phone is dead because battery is empty i can't charge it. a display always says"cannot be charged please use a sony ericsson battery" Should i replace its battery with a new one? If i replaced it and same problem occured, what then?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Don't worry so much about the error message, but see if the PC recognises your phone so that you can run the SEUS on it.If it doesn't and the phone is completely unusable, with and without the PC, then  you need to contact SE customer support.The battery charge error message is often a sign that a software update is needed.Also, the fact that your phone actually displays this message means that it isn't completely dead and it may still charge through the USB connection.Another thing you can try is to remove the battery for a few minutes, replace it and restart you phone,as this sometimes may fix the problem, at least temporarily.

Anonymous(anon)

the computer recognizes my phone,but it doesn't charge while connected through it. the problem now is that its lobat, dead battery. can still open the phone but it goes out with warning empty. i've tried removing and putting back again, nothing happens

Anonymous(anon)

this is happening to my mobile aswell w959, it's not coming on also it's not charging ,what should i do?

Anonymous(anon)

i too seem to be having the same problem as u...mine shows that its chargin but actually there isnt any power goin to the battery for charging...and again its almost impossible to connect the USB cable...i used to chager it with the USB till it started not to show on my pc when i plugged in..nw my battery is only on 4% all the time even when i use the charger..cause now um thinking i shud jus get a new phone cause  this 1 is stressing me