Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Anonymous(anon)

Vivaz pro browser problem

Hi. This is Brian in Canada.

I bought a Vivaz pro from Fido, had it unlocked, and now use it with Telus. Everything works fine except for the browser. It will only connect to Fido. Which will not let me access the internet.

Any Ideas?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: Vivaz pro browser problem

If it stills does that even though you have set the phone up with Telus internet settings, you can try a  master reset, but otherwise, you may have to debrand the phone from Fido.

Anonymous(anon)

The Telus people tried everything they could think of, and were still stumped. How do you debrand?

Thanks for the reply.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

http://davinciteam.co.uk/U8_en_index.html Try Davinci for debranding, although using it is likely to invalidate any warranty.

Anonymous(anon)

Have you heard of "wotanserver.com". Offers debranding and upgrade for free. Aside from the warrenty issue is there any other downside to debranding?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

No I haven't heard of them, but if you think they're trustworthy, give them a try.As long as you follow the instructions, there shouldn't be any issues with debranding.