Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Unable to login

two months for me, and many more months to other users and they haven't solve the issue ugh, this is a huge corporation, just fix the issue, give our accounts back, merge our accounts, bring the point system back

Master
slimshaddy

hmm so at last you read it :smileysilly:

you know i was in a hurrry my friends were yelling at me to come downstairs but i wanted to take that screenshot and post it here :smileylaugh:

i did..

so i was saying that at last mr magnus repied to this..

with no solution but still he replied..

i had two thoughts in my mind when i read it..

1, they saw many users to face this problem and more and more users were coming with this problem o they replied

2, i think they tried all possible solutions but coudn't solve it..so unable to solve it they just issued a message saying we stil are doing it..but i think they will not try further more :smileyplain:

i mean in the last line he said that than k you for stayin here by making new account ( the whole lone is for you only i think )

so i think now they will not do anything since you made a second account and you are active at this particular account only.. i dont know..

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

That really sucks, they were able to fix certain accounts but not mine, umm I wonder if it's because they don't like what I post sometimes :smileysilly: and since I was the top user (that doesn't work for SE or a moderator) they didn't liked that :smileysilly:

Anonymous(anon)

Can I intercede here chaps?  I will once again state that I do not work for Sony and the views that I share now are therefore my own.

It seems that you guys constantly ask for Sony to come on here and make a statement about a particular issue  but as soon as they do you shoot them down in flames and turn it all in to some massive conspiracy theory where 'they' are being very big brother about your posts/input here.  This could not be further from the truth, there is actually very little moderation of posts that goes on - we may change language that is in poor taste but I can probably count the times on one hand that a post has actually been removed and that is in 18 months and on all sections of the forum.

The only removal of posts that the moderators do is for spam and Uli is very active in reporting this and has been instrumental in changing our way of moderating (thinking of the minimum number of reports that a post needs to be removed from view before being moderated by the team).  It is also rare that a thread is locked too, Sony support free speech and does not moderate in any way negative reports/reviews/posts about their products.

Magnus has been working hard behind the scenes for the last couple of months on bringing together the teams responsible for the upgrade of the forum and trying to get the log in problem resolved.  As he stated it should in theory be a really simple issue but has turned in to a bit of a monster.  I assume most of you know that I am affected by this issue along with Jeff from the SE Answers Team and sushidushi from the Volunteer Moderators Team.  We all want the problem solved, the solution is in the hands of the IT guys and Magnus is chasing it.  His comment on here was meant to assure people and apologise because it has been an inconvenience to many of us.

Anyway that is my point of view and you guys shouldn't be shooting the messenger and person who is trying to get the issue sorted on your behalf.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Hey suze, thanx for your comments, I'm glad that there is no such thing as to blocking certain users, we do appreciate what SE moderators/staff do when they reply to the threads or make announcements BUT if the answer is something like

why is the xperia x10 mini/pro won't be update it to 2.2 or higher?

SE moderator: due to hardware limitations

when there aren't hardware limitations, We, xperia users, do appreciate that SE make an effort to monitor and reply when needed to the posts, BUT if their post/answers are vague or lies or they don't say much but we have a problem but aren't specific if they will continue looking for a solution.

Anonymous(anon)

Ahhhh Suze! Since you are using generalizations ("It seems that you guys...") to portray us, as some immature kids that have nothing else to do, but buy expensive faulty products with very little or no official support and then make up conspiracies out of thin air then it would be a good idea to listen to the other side. We dont "shoot them down in flames". We dont even know any of those people. I start to think that they dont even actually exist. We do talk back when we have a serious problem (for a long while) whatever that is, and then some person in charge comes up with an answer like... "We are looking into it" after 2 months. Or reset/reflash or some answer so unreal that a six year old kid would laugh. In other words a response that doesnt fit from a company that sells $400 phones. As for your last statement I dont know what else to say. Our problem (actually mine) is not with the volunteers that dont know what they are  talking about. The problem lies with the people that are responsible for those delays of action or even their complete ignorance. Defending and victimize lazy, incapable and greed driven people makes us equally responsible in the world we live in. And if someone doesnt know what he is doing...a good practice is to just ask. A lot of SE customers are also engineers, programmers and so on. Make a new thread, tell the truth and ask the question, so may be someone can help you to help us. Is it so difficult?  Nothing personal Suze but as a moderator it would be a good practice to be a little more sensitive.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

this is an example

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/123707#123707

taufikyoungestNewbie8 posts since
Oct 1, 2011

Oct 21, 2011 11:43 PM

take a look n think again...bout x8 android 2.1!!!!

This question is Assumed Answered.

yesterday my fren buy new phone, not from SE product... the best is she got android 2.3 with de price cheaper than x8.. i think no one will go to SE product anymore if they do not release android 2.2 or higher for x8... at least give us application to sd card... i hope SE take a moment n think bout this for the customer..

Aimee-SEAnswersModerators1,009 posts since
Sep 20, 2010

As the hardware of the X8 handset does not meet Google's requirements for the higher Android OS versions, unfortunately it would not be possible for us to update this model.

uliwooly-woolyPower User2,519 posts since
Sep 7, 2011

The minimum requirements for Android 2.3 Gingerbread are

MUST have at least 128MB of memory available to the kernel and userspace. The 128MB MUST be in addition to any memory

dedicated to hardware components such as radio, memory, and so on that is not under the kernel's control.

Device implementations MUST have at least 150MB of non-volatile storage available for user data. That is, the /data partition MUST be at least

150MB

SHOULD have at least 1GB of non-volatile storage available for user data

there is no CPU/GPU minimum requirements

http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/source.android.com/en/us/compati...

I wish I could copy paste the OFFICIAL reason by SE but for some misterious reason those posts are gone, like this

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia%E2%84%A2-x10/

I think Xperia Users deserve a better reason on to why their phones aren't receiving any future updates and NO it's not due to hardware limitations

Master
slimshaddy

to suze - agree with sakisw..

what i said above , i felt so..

there are many unanswered questions lying in the forum..

and mr magnus answered to this login issue  beacause it was his duty to reprt us..

what about other things that sakisw and uliwooly mentioned in their comments..

they need to be answered..

uliwooly posted all of the requirements for a phone to supprt 2.3.3 , x10 mini fulfillls the need but still it doesnt have the 2.3.3 version..

ah i dont know what else to say..i have mixed feelings and i'm full of thoughts so i'm ending the discussion here..

Visitor
WinterStars

Hi Uli, It looks like your account may never be sorted out. Perhaps we will have to wait until Sony Admins take over :smileylaugh: . But that being said there were lots of instances when Sony could not give a proper account of itself in the several hacking incidences in the recent past, so I am not sure which one is the lesser evil. :smileyconfused: . Some people at SE or otherwise may feel that this issue is more about your points and your aggregated actions similar to how a gamer would whine when aggregated XPs are not carried over to a new iteration of a game. However more than anything else it shows just how commited they are to resolve end user issues however major or minor they may be. By the time they resolve, if at all, this situation, your new account would have aggregated more points than your last one. I am not saying you help people because you want points, which in my opinion is not of any value. It just shows how much you make an effort to help others. So our request is to please keep doing what you are doing now so that those of us who are not very tech savvy can still make efficient use of the phone. So from all the SE customers thanks a lot for your assistance :smileyhappy: . I think SE already buried your old account ... :smileyplain:. So if they are going to bury this one also please continue to be with us. Or perhaps we could be having some other discussion in a forum from a different manufacturer. We can go together, let us know :smileylaugh:. CES and MWC are just round the corner. Lots of new toys to select from. Thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Thanx for the support

ProfessorFrink1.gif

I will continue to help as much as I can, as of start another forum umm that won't work, think about what happened to www.xperiax10.net and www.xperiablog.net