One time poster
lester

Sony Pc Companion not responding issue when restoring solved

I know that this has been a long time coming for those people who are experiencing this but you're still fortunate as i already found the solution for your problem. I myself also experienced this problem when i tried to restore my backup files from my xperia ion to my new xperia z. Whenever i try to click migrate,i always a get a "sony pc companion not responding" prompt. What i did was i created backup file from my new xperia z and since it was just new,the backup file came with a size of only 110mb. I then tried to restore it and again came up with another "sony pc companion not responding" prompt. I was so frustrated:smileyconfused: but instead of closing the program,i chose the "wait for the program to respond" option that windows asked. After several minutes,the selection for which files to restore came up. That moment i realized that the problem is that windows is stating that the sony pc companion is not responding which is actually false. It's just that when you're trying to restore a backup file that is too big in size,the program will take a long time to start the restoring process. After that,i attempted to once again restore the backup files from my xperia ion to my new xperia z which is quite big due to a large compilation of videos amounting to a total of 5.9GB. As expected,windows stated that the program is not responding but i decided to wait. It took around 10 minutes before the restoring process started. I was really after my important contacts that's why i never gave up till i finally solve this issue. I'm actually waiting for the restoring process to finsh as i am typing this reply:smileyhappy:. Don't believe what mr. johan said  that you're backup file may have gone corrupt,you just need to be patient. Always remember that  perseverance is the key to success.

Hope this would help you,thanks for reading..

One time poster
mikeycorrupt

Re: Sony Pc Companion not responding issue when restoring solved

Hey there thanks for that information and I think Sony knows very well that their software restore option is crappy and just use the corrupt restore file speech as an excuse to get rid of you as I spoke with them earlier and they gave the same dribble. My backup file is 11.4gb and am waiting for Sony PC Companion to respond again and have been waiting 7 minutes already and am hoping it works eventually as I have a lot of important information which I trusted woiuld be backed up properly.Will let you know the results later today.

Just an update:

Waited roughly 20 minutes for the program to respond again and it is now backing everything up.WIll update again once finished to confirm everything works.

One time poster
lester

Your welcome man,i'm glad to know that i helped you with my post. I also bought my wife a new xperia z a week ago and when i tried to migrate to her new phone a 4.7gb backup file,again it took minutes before the restoring process to start. But another problem came up that i never encountered before,the process stopped and i got an error message saying that the backup file may have gone corrupt. But since i wasn't new with this kind of frustrating stuff,i attempted once more and waited even longer for the program to respond. But succesfully finished it after over an hour,i'm just wondering why sony pc companion earlier said that my backup file was corrupt but ending up restoring it succesfully after.

Tip:

It would be better to just copy your media from your phone such as images,videos etc. and transfer it to your pc instead of making a backup file with all of those. It will just make the backup file so big that it will take a lot of time migrating it to your new device. It's better to make a backup file that consists of important things only such as you contacts and messages. Hope this would help,best regards!

One time poster
Leinad

I was too frustrated with the same issue. It takes too long.

I've a acro s, and I've done the backup of all my phone, 'cause I wanted to change the SD Card 16gb class4 to a 32Gb class 10.

But it taked almost 15min to start and then 1h to backup 6.9Gb (on the frist attempted I got too corrupt message, but I tried again and it worked). Then I've put the 32gb on the phone and begin the process, it've taked almost 30min to start, and then, I'm currently waiting to finish, it has pass 20h and the program says 660h remaining -.- a while ago it said 110h... but I think it depends on the file it is actually restoring. I've videos and music, so the videos could be the main issue. But I hope it can finish today... more than 24h it will be too much...

I've learn here, that the best I can do is certainly to connect the sd card on some sd reader, and pass the images, music and videos manually. I can leave 1 img, 1 music and 1 video, just to know the exact location to paste the others. But it will boost a lot this stupid process that never finish.

One time poster
Panicked

I just read your post. I've been at this for hours now. Finally got it to do a backup before a factory reset on the Xperia L (another nightmare).  Now, it's been even more hours to get it to restore.  I'll take your advice and be patient. If this doesn't work, I'm absolutely screwed. Well not quite I did backup my contacts to the sd card before using the PC Companion. It's a shame that since your post Sony hasn't fixed this problem. :smileysad:

One time poster
BAAATH

I can let u guys know that this problem is still highly actual. Still the same "not responding"... Hope it still works like u say, just have to have some patience...