Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

Xperia Ion

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/09/sony-xperia-ion-att/

Xperia ion revealed – first LTE smartphone from Sony available exclusively from AT&T

• HD powerhouse – two HD cameras, 4.6-inch1 HD screen and HDMI-out support

• Unmatched Android camera experience in the US with 12 megapixel rear camera

• Effortless sharing of content with easy connectivity across multiple screens within the world of Sony

• PlayStation™ Certified and access to entertainment services from Sony Entertainment Network

January 9, 2012, Las Vegas, Nev. – Xperia™ ion, the first LTE smartphone from Sony®*, was introduced today at the 2012 International CES and will be available exclusively in the U.S. from AT&T in the second quarter.

Xperia ion from Sony enables easy connectivity with multiple screens for consumers looking to share and enjoy content on whichever screen they choose, whether it's TV, smartphone, laptop or tablet.

Xperia ion from Sony has a stunning 4.6-inch HD display (1280 X 720 pixels) that provides a visual brilliance for superior viewing experiences. For photo enthusiasts, Xperia ion features a new Fast Capture innovation to make sure life's unexpected moments are not missed: the HD camera goes from standby mode to first shot in 1.5 seconds.1 The impressive images taken with the 12-megapixel rear camera are unmatched by any other Android smartphone.

Additionally, both rear- and front-facing cameras deliver HD recording capabilities.

"With Xperia ion, we're bringing together several firsts that will take users beyond the smartphone," said Paul Hamnett, President, Sony Ericsson North America. "Designed to deliver a seamless experience across the multiple screens we use to play, watch, listen, and share, Xperia ion is the gateway to entertainment when and – most importantly – where you want it."

Xperia ion users will be able to access the richest entertainment experiences from Sony Entertainment Network. Music Unlimited offers a global catalogue of 15 million unique songs while Video Unlimited has the latest Hollywood blockbusters and TV shows from all major studios.

Xperia ion is also PlayStation™ Certified, guaranteeing a high quality smartphone gaming experience.

Key Features for Xperia ion: 4.6-inch HD Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine with HD resolution screen (1280 x 720), as well as rear (1080p) and front (720p) cameras for HD recording. 1.5GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download, which can be stored on the internal 16GB flash storage. 12MP rear camera with Sony Exmor R™ for mobile with fast-capture to go from standby to first shot in less than two seconds. HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and BRAVIA Sync to quickly and easily stream content on other screens.

For full details on all products news, please visit the press room and the product blog: blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2012/01/09/first-impressions-of-xperia%E2%84%A2-ion/

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WrrbYEpYOEQ

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

good work by 'Sony'

its hurting 'Ericsson' is missing :smileysad:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

what do you mean is hurting "Ericsson"?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

now its not 'Sony Ericsson', just remained as 'Sony'..

but thats ok, i needed the logo, and its there behind :smileyhappy:

Xperia_ion_frontback-425x256.jpg

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I don't quite understand, what do you mean, that you need the logo?

here are more pictures

Xperia Ion

http://www.engadget.com/photos/sony-xperia-s/#4732300

Xperia S

http://www.engadget.com/photos/sony-xperia-s-hands-on-0/#4732709

Visitor
WinterStars

We can still have the poll for the next xperia flagship.... :smileylaugh:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

:smileysilly: yes we can

Visitor
WinterStars

It has been like flogging a dead horse...

But if sony is making so many models why not make one exceptional phone.

What about the LT30, is that the phone that we have been waiting, or at least what this poll was supposed to be.

I want Android JB it is friggin awesome. I am going to buy the first JB device that comes out.

Anybody has any details on this phone.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it seems like it, Carl Zeiss lenses, OLED Screen, S4 snapdragon, 13mp camera sensor, 1080p video recording, etc, but there are just rumors, we have to wait

One time poster
lov2bugu

well, i dont know what to say, but it was expected all along.  no the LT30 is not what we are expecting as that phone should have been what we wanted 5 months ago.... 

Whatever we wanted now needs to be tweaked.  i believe the key elements are as follows:

1 - contract with AT&T usa and other in different countries as soon as possible...  if samsung can do it so can SONY.  i think thats key element to bring it to the US... 

2 - why cant they contract with the competing brands such as tmobile?  make that extra frequincy is it that difficult?

3 - GALAXY III is ugly but the 4 processor is a major reason why 9 million pre ordered the phone world wide, ok i understand that SONY does mass produce rubbish, but the GALAXY III is a seiuose contender and is not rubbish.  just make the freaking fphone sell millions and start making money.

4 - this rediculas amount of phones that are hitting the market from SONY is just stupid.  The xperia S could have had the better chip, had a dock and had water proof ability.  6 months later you can market a different color with a cooler package that would have saved you money...

5 - dont get me started on the delays in the updates and the delays in releasing the product. 

6 - SOM POEPLE AT SONY STILL NEED TO BE FIRED OR HAVE A MEETING WITH FANS