One time poster
nikhil

Re: Installing .apk Files In Your Android Phone.

I understood it man but my question is, is it possible doing it with phone?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

any app that you download from the market will be installed directly on your phone, you can't share the "apk" file, you can share a link so others can download the app, for example download OI file explorer, once you have it on your phone, open your market -> press MENU -> My apps -> tap on OI file manager and tap on share (three circles connected with 2 lines)

slimshaddy

well yes you can do it with your phone also..

just search the same thing in your phone , open the link and download the apk file..

once downloaded it will be in your downloads folder..

Anonymous(anon)

but u cant download on ur phone apk frm some sites,it actually depends... sometimes.. it jst doesnt want download apk files :smileyalert:

slimshaddy

you mean to say we cannot download apk from sites..?

well yes some sites supports and some sites doenst.. you have to open the right website..

Anonymous(anon)

well i might b drunk whn i wrote tht :/ or my bad :smileysilly: it seems my grammar was quite deadly :/

well..... yes.. u can download but sometimes (almost all the tym) u cant download the whole .apk file frm ur phone... like ur phone is protected or sotmething :3 it happened quite a tym... but thrs stl xperts out thr :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Some other suggestions :smileysilly:

1st Method

How to install it

You need to

go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

download IO File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager&feature=search_result

download the app on your computer, transfer it to your SD card, use OI file manager to find it -> tap on it -> install it

2nd method

download the apk on your computer, send it to yourself through email, make sure you send it to your Gmail

now on your phone

go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

wait for the email, once  you get the email, open it, and instead of downloading the attachment it will allow you to install it, voila, done

3rd Method

BOX and upload the apks from any computer

install the App on your phone -> open BOX -> tap on the app -> install it

4th Method by far the easiest

an even Easier alternative

download the app, transfer it to your SD card

Download Apk Installer

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.graphilos.apkinst&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDE...

open "Apk Manager" and voila select the apps that you wan't to install

slimshaddy

hmm yes sometimes it freezes ,  and when the download is cancelled it can't be resumed :smileysad: :smileyhappy:

so yes might be a bug..

i download all apk from apktop.com

Anonymous(anon)

well.... i have this frnd who ususally download apk's and tell me wether it works or not... he uploads the apk file on mediafire and gives me the link :smileyhappy: nd u download apk's by payin thm??well i like the cracked versions :smileysilly: played fifa2012 yet?? its btr thn pes nd hard indeed!! love the graphics!! u use arc  ryt?? @SLIMSHADDY

slimshaddy

yes i use an arc :smileyhappy:

i only download apk when i dont have a connection on my phone ,

others , even knowing this prefers official downllads.. so depends on person to person..