Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gno
Gno

Camera problem

I would like to ask on how to fix the camera problem on my mom's S312. The phone works well except for the camera. Before it was also working well and also the video, but just recently when I tried to use the camera, it opens but it does not operate. The screen is just black and when I press the shutter button, "Not Available" appears. In the video mode, "Not Available" also appears and it won't even open then you'll return to the homescreen. In the camera mode, I tried to turn the light on but it did not open, but when I use the light as a torch it opened. Please help me solve this as my mom uses the phone as her camera. Thanks and I'm hoping for your responses.

Demigod
santam

Re: Camera problem

Hi,

I'll suggest you to repair you're phone using SUS (Sony update service) it basically like a factory reset but it reinstall the phone software I mean fix....so it might fix you're issue...

*please note repairing you're phone with SUS will delete all user data like contacts,message all phone memory stuff except SD card and sim....so backup you're contacts if required...

Here's the link for SUS download on you're pc and go through the on screen direction...

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Keep me updated....:smileyyahoo:

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
Demigod
santam

Before this....try restarting you're phone...and see if the camera works...

Keep me updated...:smileyyahoo:

Gno
Gno

I tried restarting the phone, but still it didn't work.

Gno
Gno

I'll be looking for a cable so I can connect it to the pc and perform the update. I'll keep you updated and let you know what happened. Thanks.

Gno
Gno

I checked the camera this morning and it was working again. Another problem I guess is that the battery drains quite fast though the phone is being used only whenever a reply to a message is needed, as what my mom told me. I don't know up to when the camera will be ok or when will it have it's problem back again. Will you still recommend the update?

Demigod
santam

Hi,

Perhaps now I think there's a glitch in you're phone's software but still if it's working then leave it.....and I dbout you're phone software is available in update service I'll check again and keep you posted for sure...if again it happens I'll suggest you to contact you're nearest SE service center they might also check if it's a hardware or software problem even if needed they'll update you're phone for you....:smileyhappy:

And for the battery....

BATTERY

Standard battery, Li-Po 930 mAh (BST-38)

Stand-by Up to 400 h

Talk time Up to 8 h

The above is you're battery specs....so I guess with a 930mh battery a max of 1.5 day for battery back up....because I've got a w910i on my other hand and it's pretty old and for battery previously it use to give 1.5 day now it's been cut down to 1 day...and w910i also uses a 930mh battery....so I'll ask how you're phone gives the battery backup...1 day...??

Gno
Gno

I hope that Sony includes the phone to the list of phones usable with SUS. In the meantime until it's still working normally, I guess sus isn't needed that much in the soonest time but I'll still keep myself updated with your posts. For the battery, my mom told me that it can last for as long as 2-3 days with a very slight usage. I don't know if that's possible, but in her case she doesn't use it that much in a day. She then told me that it's back to normal again without that fast drain issue. Maybe because of the software glitch why these things happen lately. Thanks and I'll always keep myself updated with your posts.

Demigod
santam

Hi,

sorry to inform you...i did a cross check now...and yes it's not available in SUS :smileysad:

might be glitch as expected...and for battery i guess as battery gets old and charged for long time it's capacity decreases like you got 930Mh battery now it be decreased to 10-20%

but...if you're willing to check you're phone if something is wrong or not suggest you to visit  sony ericsson service center...

here's the link for you're regional support....

Sony Xperia global contacts

keep me updated...:smileyhappy:

Gno
Gno

Thanks for providing the contacts.