Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

poor quality of camera picture

i have taken some picture from ELM. quality of camera is very very poor campare to 2MP my preivious w910i.color in camera very less.it takes picture as white color.i tried all setting but nothin changes plzzz someone help me i have replaced it. but both set have same problem.i have attached photograph watch it

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: poor quality of camera picture

You can try the Reset settings option in the camera's settings, otherwise run the software update service via PC on your phone.

Anonymous(anon)

thanx for advice but sir i have done that already.is it possible that sony ericson make a such kind of phone.5MP with very poor quality in both side color as well quality.i am using sony phone from last four year.it's 2MP is wonderful i must say awesome .but 5MP is not good.

i have replaced it with new set.both set has volume key different means upper one u can't feel but it function.other key u can feel functioing. camera i have already described.in music player some time sound causing problem too there is crackling sound after bass.all three problem are same should i replaced  it again or it is ELM problem worldwide.SIR PLZZ HELP ME.I M VERY UPSET.

IF THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT SOLVE I ALMOST WASTED 11,000 RS

Anonymous(anon)

thanx for advice but sir i have done that already.is it possible that sony ericson make a such kind of phone.5MP with very poor quality in both side color as well quality.i am using sony phone from last four year.it's 2MP is wonderful i must say awesome .but 5MP is not good.

i have replaced it with new set.both set has volume key different means upper one u can't feel but it do function.other key u can feel and it  functioing as well. camera i have already described.in music player some time sound causing problem too there is crackling sound after bass.all three problem are same should i replaced  it again or it is ELM problem worldwide.SIR PLZZ HELP ME.I M VERY UPSET.

IF THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT SOLVE I ALMOST WASTED 11,000 RS

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Have you tried phone repair via PC suite and/or a master reset?

Anonymous(anon)

i have done all thing that could be possible to repaire phone.sir plz answer me is this set problem or elm worldwide

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Well the photo you attached in your initial message doesn't look so bad.Are you sure it's not simply a case of adjusting the camera settings according to the lighting conditions? You also have other options such as Photo fix and Photo dj, to improve the quality after you've taken the photo.

Anonymous(anon)

ok sir 1st thing elm does not have photoeditdj.2nd photo fix is in it that is shit a big shit.now i have attached photo that is given by other sony elm mobile phone from facebook.1st 2 photo from other elm set.3rd and 4th photo from my 2MP sony w910i phone. so much of difference last one again from my elm color of flower is red  dark red look what elm has done to it i have decrease light from camera as it is day light what again my done in last one

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Well, first you mention that there are five photos, but you have only attached four.This means I have to compare the photo from your first message with those from your last one and again, I don't see that much af a difference, taking into account the different lighting conditions.Have you tried cleaning the lens, as I have found that this often improves quality.Finally, if you still think that your phone camera is faulty, contact sony ericsson and explain the situation clearly.

Anonymous(anon)

My phone is already updated to the latest firmware R7CA061.  I even reinstalled the software via SEUS.  It is just that the photos produced by the Elm in low light condition is not that good as compared to other camera phone models.  Also, there is that blue horizontal lines of pictures taken in low light conditions.  Will there be any firmware update to address this camera driver problem?  Pictures taken in daylight turns out just great.

I attached a picture taken in low light condition.  Notice the blue horizontal lines when the picture is viewed full size?  This is common in my pictures taken with the Elm and this is also a common observation in the Esato forums.   Hope to get a software update to address this issue.  The Elm is a very good phone and only this slight issue with the camera that is annoying me.

Regards.