Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: poor quality of camera picture

Comparing the pictures you attached, I believe that the Elm photo produced the photo with more lively colors than the Omnia. I don't have a good eye regarding photos and pictures, but from the photos you have shown, I think the Elm is better in color quality, while the Omnia had the ability to capture the dark background. I am aware of the modding stuffs for the S.E. phones. I even wanted to try to replace the audio driver of my phone with that of "Hiron's" but I am in a dilemma since I just bought the phone last month, and that doing so would void the warranty. If the Elm's camera could capture great photos at daylight, then why not on dark scenes..? Isn't it because of it's shutter speed..? I dunno. I'm not a camera guy myself. haha. But let's just hope that a software update could fix the problem. If not, then S.E. should recall all batches of phones sporting the same camera specs so that they could fix the problem.

Anonymous(anon)

Comparing the pictures you attached, I believe that the Elm photo produced the photo with more lively colors than the Omnia. I don't have a good eye regarding photos and pictures, but from the photos you have shown, I think the Elm is better in color quality, while the Omnia had the ability to capture the dark background. I am aware of the modding stuffs for the S.E. phones. I even wanted to try to replace the audio driver of my phone with that of "Hiron's" but I am in a dilemma since I just bought the phone last month, and that doing so would void the warranty. If the Elm's camera could capture great photos at daylight, then why not on dark scenes..? Isn't it because of it's shutter speed..? I dunno. I'm not a camera guy myself. haha. But let's just hope that a software update could fix the problem. If not, then S.E. should recall all batches of phones sporting the same camera specs so that they could fix the problem.

Anonymous(anon)

I bought a week ago an ELM phone, and I`m having the same issue about the camera. It seems that the effect of the flash led, causes those blue and yellow horizontal lines. I´ve already sent my complaint to sony ericcson, hoping to have an answer to solve this issue. The other problem I have is that when I change from photo to video and then to photo, the viewer blocks, and I have to change to another mode to unblock it.I`m really surprised of all these issues, this is my third cellphone of this brand and I´m not convinced that this cellphone could come with such deffect on its camera.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem. I hope there's a way to get rid of it. You can't really see it on your phone but when you upload it on your computer that's where you see blue and yellow lines.. Even in videos.

Anonymous(anon)

the camera issue has been resolved by having xperia mini and throw the elm

Anonymous(anon)

poor quality of camera picture

Hello, I have a big color balance problem with my Elm.

The colors and the brightness are just not as vivid as they should be (I get almost black-white pictures with cold colors) under every circumstance (be it daylight, sun, or bulp light etc.). I've tried updating the software (R7CA061) as well as all the white balance settings, but no luck, because the original setting is way wrong- What else could I do?

For comparisson below are two photos: one by SE w890i and the other with my ELM. The colors by w890i are NOT overdone (it looks just like original in a room with bulp light).

Anonymous(anon)

my ELM has the same problem of the horizontal colours that appear in all pictures.

i want to know how to talk to SE stuff to solve our problem.

i think we have to get our money back from SE because this problem completely disturb our photos. and i bought this  phone mainly for its camera.

please someone tell my how to talk to them .

Anonymous(anon)

One time poster
DeGraaff

Buy a camera if you want to take perfect pictures. Geez. You're talking about a phone here.

Anonymous(anon)

I think the people in here saying: "just" buy a camera are being very arrogant: I saved for this phone for a long time and cannot afford a camera too, that is exactly why I expressly chose a phone that purportedly had a good camera! To find that it takes appaling pictures with ugly red/ orange and blue lines in them (examples are plentyful on this page!) is no joke! The photos from this 5 megapixel camera are far worse in quality than those my old decrepid SE k750i took! That is just not ok! It will now be another 4-5 years before I have the money to buy another phone with a better camera! If SE had not claimed this phone had a good camera, I would never have bought it!  That really is NOT decent business by SE!