Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

cedar does not play youtube video

I am from india.I have sony erricson cedar handset.

It does not play youtube videos at all.The application opens & whenever I click on video,the message displayed is,

"video was interupted.Please restart the video"

I have 3G simcard & internet working on phone.

The handset works properly with internet & gprs.

but no youtube.

I have been following discussion on this group.

Even answer shown here is"ASSUMED ANSWERED"

When this applet is not working,is not it the responsibility of "sony erricson engineers to resolve it or give an software update?"

Please help,

One time poster
marantz777

Re: cedar does not play youtube video

I must tell you that this problem has been reported by many other customer (including me).

It is somewhat country/operator dependent, in italy as example only TIM can handle youtube videos, all other TRE, Vodafone, Wind, ..., no youtube video al all. Also, this problem may cause the internal twitter client to FAIL AUTHENTICATION even giving good twitter credential, do you experience the same ?

The sony-ericsson answer so far is "we know but we dont care, buy a better smartphone".

For sure, i will NEVER buy a Sony-ericsson product again, because as far as their device start to become obsolete, they simply drop any kind of support for them.... but if you insist enough maybe they can listen you, in that case let me know how did you solve this issue.

They will start convincing you that your phone is misconfigured and should be restored to factory default. Try this, but it is unlikely you can fix this way, internal software is flawed (have something to do with installed ssl certificates), and only a new firmware can solve. But the product has been discontinued, so do not expect any new firmware at all from support guys. It sucks!

Community Manager
Johan

Do you have 3G coverage when trying to watch YouTube videos?

Do you know if you get the same error when watching videos via the url m.youtube.com in the phone browser?

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adviser
pmyk

I am using SONY ERICSSON CEDAR J108i.

I a in Tamilnadu in India.

My phone plays Videos copied and stored in phone memory or memory card.

It also plays Videos clicked by using this mobile's Camera.

But it does not play news videos posted on the home page of sites like mail.com, yahoo.com etc.,

It does not play videos through YouTube.

The message displayed in YouTube is, "video was interupted.Please restart the video".

Regarding the settings in my phone, in "Connectivity" menu, under  "INTERNET SETTINGS", I was asked to check the menu item by name "APN" ( Access point name).

When I could not find this, Dr_Chris gave me the solution, which you will find under my Discussion "How to make Sony Ericsson Cedar J108i to play online videos?"

I thank Engineers like Dr_Chris who give apt answers for the queries raised by Sony Users.

In my mobile, "Pocket Internet 4" is already selected under "Connect Using".

"Yes" is already selected under "Allow Local Conn".

APN is shown as aircelwap.

My Internet Connection is Aircel - Pocket Internet - 2G.

I was asked to check whether I have FULL INTERNET Access. But, I am not sure whether it has FULL INTERNET Access.

Because, in some of the sites like Railway Reservation, I cannot type the Application Form, since the required text boxes are not displayed.

So, I have installed "NGPay" in order to try it for sites like Railway Reservation, and some business sites to key in data. Not yet tried. But text boxes are displayed through NGPay.

So, will my cedar phone be able to run online videos with 3G Connection?

or...do I have to download flash player or such video players?

or...do I have to go in for a higher version of mobile phone?