Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hazel: data corruption when using Wi-Fi and Windows 7

Hello people,

the Wi-Fi feature of the Hazel is great (just upgraded from a Naite); it is so easy to use the content sharing option and see the phone as a computer in network neighbourhood. However, I found that when I transfer files (e.g. pictures or MP3s) TO my Hazel via Wi-Fi FROM a Windows 7 computer, the files get corrupted. It does not happen with a Windows XP machine at all, and it does not happen to files that are transferred FROM the Hazel TO the computer, even with Windows 7. These are the things I already tried:

Deactivating Wi-Fi power save mode in the Hazel: no change

Using a different Wi-Fi access point/router: no change

Using a different Windows 7 computer (notebook instead of desktop): no change

The data corruption can easily be heard in MP3 files, which sound choppy, and seen in pictures.

I am using WPA2 encryption; the Windows 7 notebook is connected via 5GHz 802.11n, the other machines (Windows 7 and XP) are connected via Ethernet. The access point is a Linksys WRT610N (dual band), I also tried an AVM FRITZ!Box Fon 7270. The Hazel software is R7CA064.

Is there an update to fix this problem?

Best regards

Christian

Trustee
Aimee

Re: Hazel: data corruption when using Wi-Fi and Windows 7

Hi. In all honesty, I haven't heard of this problem before. I will look into this further for you and get back to you as soon as possible :smileyhappy:

Trustee
Aimee

Hi,

Just to help our investigation, please could you advise me of the following?

1. SI number
2. IMEI number
3. Full software version
4. Where you bought the phone
Anonymous(anon)

Hi, thanks for the quick reaction!

SI 1235-5128.3 DE

Under "Software version", the phone says:

Current software version:

1231-9304

R7CA064

SonyEricsson

The IMEI is 01227300-758627-3

I bought the phone at Amazon.de (Amazon Germany). The same thing happens with a second one bought from a different shop (same software version).

Best regards

Christian

Trustee
Aimee

Brilliant! Thanks so much Christian, I'll let you know as soon as I get any more info for you.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue on my Hazel J20i as well, however I am using Vista 32-bit SP1.

MP3 files are corrupted when sent from PC to mobile but from mobile to PC files are copied without any problems.

1231-9304

R7CA061

Bought in Orange Poland online shop.

Tried on diff Wi-Fi channels, tried when PC connected via cable to Linksys WRT54GL router as well as through WiFi.

Problem seems to be when receiving data via WiFi as the Hazel sends them OK, and it doesn't matter if a PC is connected via LAN or WLAN.

If there were USB cable in the box then I wouldn't care at all...

I'm still looking for a solution. I'll post if i find one.

P.S.: I hope that this is not "works-as-designed" feature.