Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Cedar Twitter app -- can't sign in

buddy i face the same problem in maah cedar there is signing failure in facebook,,and twitter app(preinstalled) my phone's preloded costumazisation id si;;;;; 1241-9222-R7A-1239-0196-R7EA011 INDIA.....plzzzzzzzz do some thing......

One time poster
marantz777

Just a reminder to inform SE that the Twitter problem HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED YET.

I know that they blame twitter for unexpected changes in login procedure.... but what the heck, why this is the ONLY phone having troubles signin in ?

OR sony ericsson go out with a firmware upgrade, OR twitter go out with an application update

OR... bye bye SE

Anonymous(anon)

I have marked marantz777's post of 26 September as correct. From late summer last year it became clear that SE were going "smartphone-only" in terms of product focus and the subsequent news that SE was to become "Sony-only" made it clear to me that the Cedar would never be supported.

In my experience, Sony's customer support people are snowed under with simple queries from users who aren't willing to take the couple of minutes necessary to read the user manual for their device. When you actually have a sensible (if more complex) query to put to them they just can't handle it.

Oddly enough, though, despite trouble with poor customer service in the past, I think they do sometimes take things on board. In early 2009 I purchased a Sony VAIO laptop. It was a short-notice, little-researched option as it was bought for use during an impending hospital admission. I wound up having lots of trouble with the fan in that model, even when Sony replaced it, and of course by that time I'd been on the Internet and found loads of other customers having the exact same issues with excessively noisy fans that were spinning up to top speed every three to five seconds and then gradually becoming rattly and failing. I sold that laptop on eBay (with full disclosure and copies of all the paperwork relating to Sony's replacement of the fan). In spring of 2010, though, as that model of laptop had evolved through a few cycles and was just about to be discontinued, I bought it again (though with lots of Internet research this time), purchasing from the same local shop. To date, I've been pretty happy with it and the fan noise has been entirely within expected limits.

I also went on to purchase (at full price) a Greenheart Xperia Neo last year. It has been pretty reliable so far (one factory reset on my part so far) and SE have been good about OS upgrades being brought out in a timely fashion. I hope it stays reliable, though, as I don't fancy having to engage with SE's (or Sony's) support people in the future.

I'm not blaming the individual support staff. It's a cultural thing in many organisations, I think, that support staff are poorly paid and made to work to a script.

One time poster
marantz777

For Cedar to be acknowledged as a real "green" product, i suggest Sony-Ericsson to unlock the firmware and give it for FREE to open community (with tools for reflashing the device). A flawed device that wont be fixed because abandoned, it's immediately perceived as "garbage", even if 100% recyclable. They are all focusing o smartphone now, unlikely they can loose any strategic piece of software giving away the Cedar OS/SDK.  I still hope that a smart support guy from SE can give a look to the twitter sign-in problem, on the launch time,anyway.