Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

enable javascript sony ericsson k800i

does anyone know how to do this, the network is giff gaff, the javascript suddenly became disabled and I have looked in the settings, general - connectivity - internet settings - internet profiles is giff gaff WAP and settings for java is giff gaff WAP, the streaming setting is Connect using giffgaff GPRS, is this correct?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: enable javascript sony ericsson k800i

Javascript is different from Java and although the K800i is a Java-OS phone, as far as I know it's not Javascript compatible. Do you have a problem connecting to the internet?

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply, apologies as I should have said java in my original message, I can connect to the internet without any problem, however when I do, though I see pictures and text, I have prompts or in the menus in web pages to 'enable java' to view the web page properly, in the browser options everything is on, show pictures, animations, play sounds etc.

I hope that makes sense, I think it must be something simple in the phone setings, but I'm just not 'seeing the wood for the trees'

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Check that the Java certificates are actually installed in the phone: Main menu--Settings--General--Security--Cerificates--Java: there should be 3 or 4 certificates here.

Did this happen when you switched networks?

Anonymous(anon)

There are several java certificates installed and depending on the certificate, when I click on status, it either says 'operators and manufacturers certificates cannot be deactivated' or it's status is already active in the option. Yes it did happened suddenly, which makes it more annoying as it worked perfectly before.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

I suggest you first use a SIM card from another network and see if this still happens.If it does, run the update service on your phone and/or a master reset, and see if that fixes it.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/k800i?cc=nz&lc=...

If the problem disappears with a SIM from a different network, then contact Giffgaff and make sure you have the correct internet settings.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I've tried using a different network sim card and then tried master reset, but there was no change, I have the downloaded a copy of settings for installing them manually on the phone, I may have a data cable and try directly online with the sony ericsson site.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the assistance you have given

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

No problem; I hope this is now resolved.