Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

C905- Cannot connect to PC

Hello,

My SE C905 phone cannot connect to my computer. It is a Windows XP computer. Its a new phone that I recently bought. Hence, I cannot transfer pictures, music, videos etc from phone to PC & vice versa.

When I connect the phone via the usb cable it flashes 4 options,

1)phone mode

2)media transfer

3)print

4)mass storage

I tried all 4 options. 1st 2 options after clicking say "phone ready to be used with computer" but then nothing happens. After clicking mass storage, it says "preparing for mass storage" the phone blacks out & restarts with a new screen display showing connection b/w phone & computer, but on my computer I dont see any change.

Please help,

Thank you.

Trustee
Markus

Re: C905- Cannot connect to PC

The fourth option is the correct one for just transferring files to/from the phone.

Do you have a memory card in the phone? If not, it will not work in mass storage mode.

If you do but nothing appears in the PC, try a different USB port. Avoid USB hubs when trying this. Also try with a different PC just to confirm if the problem lies with the phone or the PC.

Let me know.