Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Xperia go wifi@Android 4

Highlighted
One time poster

Re: Xperia go wifi@Android 4

Nope noting so far..... this is  not even a joke anymore....

You buy a expensive phone and you upgrade like the manufactor tells you too with the auto update and the things is rendered useless. Problem on problem....

This how i feel what sony corp must think of their product and us customers:

CEO dude 1 : Just roll out the newest software because otherwise people gonna buy brand X an Y phones..... that have ICS 

CEO dude 2: yeah, but the newest software version is not bug free / compatible with the hardware .... CEO dude 1: who cares as long as the idiots buy OUR phones, we just lie and sell them.

CEO dude 2: we will roll out some update when we get to much complains ..... ore not ....

CEO dude 1 and 2:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never ever gonna buy a sony again .... and nobody is ever gonna get a positive feedback from me until have the opportunity to try one that is bug free...... and working....

and not getting stuck on 1 wifi channel, getting hot and draining the battery. have to turn it of to get other wifi ....... oh and being slow as a turtle uphill......

So anrgy .....

One time poster

So I got fed up of waiting and waiting and waiting for this promised update to fix all our problems, plus my phone was getting slower and slower, laggier and laggier.  Added to this the customer support was non-existent (in HK at least) and they essentially ignored me (much like this forum).  So I'd read good things about the FXP developments of cyanogenmod.  Followed the instructions and installed version 9.1 on my Go and it's an absolute breath of fresh air.  Fast, simple, WiFi works!  Essentially no lag at all, especially compared with the awful stock ROM that I've been living with from Sony for the past six months, notwithstanding the WiFi bug.

It really makes me wonder how a group of people can, in their spare time, put together a phone OS that is lightyears ahead of the official product, not just in features as that's obviously a matter of preference, but in simply doing the basic functions properly and quickly?!?!  They've used the same drivers and base kernal as Sony (Sony to their credit are quite supportive of custom ROMs) but have actually solved almost all the issues (apparently the chipset is the big headache).

I'm finally enjoying my Go xperience once again, and I doubt I'll ever switch back to the bloated, non-optimised *official* software from Sony.

Sony, please try harder.  Both customer support (appalling) and clearly, it would seem, your ability to write software for your own phones...

Visitor

You made a smart move there, parrotted! I'll do the same if we're still nog getting any updates this month. Rooting it has allowed me to up the performance a bit but overall ICS on the XGO is a disaster.

Here's my "fix" to the Wi-Fi issue:

Tapping the Scan button 5 to 6 times really fast brings up my network and connects the phone.

It's sad that, when I don't use this procedure, it won't even show my network. The phone never automatically connects to wi-fi which results in unnecessary mobile network usage.

One time poster

hello

I buy sony xperia go st27i

but when i updated my mobile its have a problem

the problem is why my album is not working

some people said try to clear data in apps setting

but after sometimes its having same problem

please if you now to solve the problem tell me

GOD BLES YOU.:smileywink:

Message was edited by: saleh jamali

Visitor

Hey gojamali,

1. You can keep your blessings, no offense.
  2. This is completely unrelated to a WiFi issue.
  3. I do have a solution for you:
    Don't use the stock album app, it's as buggy as everything Sony seems to code so it's completely useless. Instead, use an alternative like in this article: http://lifehacker.com/5814868/the-best-photo-management-app-for-android. Read through the whole article, you'll find it very informative.
  4. If you're lazy or can't be bothered, just install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.justpictures
One time poster

YES THANK YOU

but i want my real ALBUM  confused

PLEASE REPLY FAST