Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

The "old TV" power-off animation is gone with update 2.3.4

Anonymous

The "old TV" power-off animation is gone with update 2.3.4

I was too much inspired by the "old TV power-off" animation on lock in xperia ray, so were my friends. It really differentiated itself from other smartphones, too well,  and looked real cool in Xperia Ray. It made it feel special. Small nifty things like these inspire you too much. Its so disappointing that this is taken off from ray with the 2.3.4 update. The question is

1) How many of you think in the same way ?

2) Is there any option to get it back ?

Forum Legend

Re: The "old TV" power-off animation is gone with update 2.3.4

there were discussions about this and other good and bad things of the update

I just hope Android 4.0 bring amazing new features

Forum Legend

Highlighted
Anonymous

Anonymous

I am also very disappointed that the old TV feature is gone now. The app 'screen off and lock' does not give the same neat experience like the one from Sony. You have to touch an on screen button to turn your screen off and lock instead of the physical button; when the screen turns black it takes some time for the backlight to shut down which was immediately dark with the previous one from Sony.

I hope it returns or that we'll get animation options in the next update.

Anonymous

Me too. Feel sad after upgraded to 2.3.4. I miss the CRT effect. Please update me if SE fixed this problem.

SE are you listening to our needs???

Anonymous

nothing can be better than originality  "SonyEricsson" !!!!!   please bring back  the "old TV power-off" animation, it was one of the stylish function..   no other app can replace the original!

Anonymous

I also emailed them about this in the Contact Us section with reference number 91700683. In my email, I requested to put an option in settings were we can choose which sleep animation we want. In our case, the CRT animation. I also said that if it is too difficult to do, at least change back the sleep animation to the old one. I hope someone at SE will listen to us.

Its funny, I was bragging about it head-on with high-end Samsung, HTC, and Apple phones. Now that I can't, I'll simply submit to their superiority.

Anonymous

Totally agree about the old CRT feature. please sony bring it back!

Anonymous

SE has already replied to my email and suggested to look for 3rd party solutions for this since there is no options in settings to select it. But hopefully they bring it back or include that sleep animation option.