Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Put your ICS Problems in this thread [for those who have it installed]

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Put your ICS Problems in this thread [for those who have it installed]

Installed ICS, first thing i noticed that my walkman wasnt working. Googled it, several people had the same problem. Someone on this forum posted that you should back-up your phone, then restore it...

Well one thing worked, Walkman doesnt crash.... however i've lost ALL of my apps..

One time poster

I have been checking these threads daily waiting for the ICS update to come to my model - as I wait for it to come (or not?) I read through other posts listed here and I'm beginning to think upgrading may not be the best option. There seem to be so many complaints (especially in this thread) of problems caused by the upgrade...

So my question to you is... has Sony released a faulty or incomplete upgrade - or are these just a few bad apples amongst the bunch? I really would like the upgrade, but now.. I'm not so sure...

Also for those who have problems, are the problems arisen from official upgrades from Sony or are they from third party upgrades (eg "Flashing" or "Rooting" your phones)?

Anonymous

Official update through PC Companion

One time poster

Oh well.. that blew my theory out of the water then confused

Thanks Luniticz smile happy

Visitor

Edison,

Yes email problems here, sometimes it downloads a couple of old emails [maybe 3] but sometimes it says "cannot connect" or connection failed,. something like that...   Email program as a whole is rather poor.

Anonymous

Hi Sony,

I have got updated to 4.0.4 for my Xperia S. I couldnt find FACELOCK in my security option which has slide, lock, pattern, etc. Please fix that bug.I dont know y i'm not having that option now.

Regards,

Arun V.

Anonymous

i updated my phone to ICS but i have a problem with the walkman when i try to edit a song or any song information for example LMFAO Party rock  and i want to download the song art from the network i got an error it says " Unsupported software version" what should i do ??

my device SONY Xperia S and i updated the software through Sony Update Service

my country IRAQ

Anonymous

I've just had a problem with the nfc not working properly or taking ages to scan a smarttag with or without a case, not sure if it's software or hardware related

Anonymous

I own an Xperia S.Its now running on ICS.

There is only little ram left even in normal running conditions.

Sometimes Scrolling screens also becomes difficult.

I've unistalled a lot of apps after ics update.Even then the phone slowed down a bit.

Gingerbread was quite stable and very smooth compared to ICS.

ICS is great with full HD videos also,quite zappy and the quality increase can be noticed very clearly when seen on a large screen via HDMI.The interface is great in addition to many developer options.

But I cant understand why the software got so heavy compared with the changes from Gingerbread.

Adept

for those who are having issues with the phone i suggest you do a full restore/repair with PCC or SUS and do a FULL wipe of internal storage before posting here. It usually fix those tiny bugs.

If you already did then, post here.

Anyway, anyone else having issues with the BOX app?

When ever i want to download a file, for example: an image.

It saves into the phone, but it doesnt show up in the gallery. It asked me where i want to save and i nearly tried all the folders, the file is there when i went back to download it again but its not showing up even if i restart the phone.

File will appear on the computer when i connect to it but it will not show up on the phone.

No issue with this with GB back then. and on top of that BOX no longer shows what files are already downloaded. On GB it used to show a orange check mark or something on the thumbnail of the file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your Xperia having software issues? Repair it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting. Remember to back up your data before proceeding.