Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

No large photo and video gallery anymore?

Anonymous

No large photo and video gallery anymore?

So I've been on ICS for more than a week now.  In regards to widget I did not see any noticeable change after updating.  Last night while I was sorting my homescreen I removed the LARGE photo and video gallery and tried adding it back after a minute only to find out that it doesn't let me choose between a small and large anymore and just posted the miniscule small version.  Has this happened to anyone?  I would very much like to have the large photo viewer back.  Thanks in advance.

Forum Legend

Re: No large photo and video gallery anymore?

go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> gallery -> clear data and do the same with the "home", just remember that it will delete everything from the homescreen

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Anonymous

Did not seem to do the trick.  Cleared data for "gallery", "xperia gallery", and "xperia home".  Tried adding the photo and vide widget, it posted the small version, where as it used to prompt me for a large or small one.  sadsad  The large widget was provided for by Xperia itself.

Forum Legend

if that didn't solved the issue, how about repairing your phone with SUS or PCC

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Anonymous

It's worth a try.  Here goes..

Anonymous

And... nothing.  It's not prompting for me to choose a large or small photo viwere widget...  was there some sort of update that took away the large photo widget?

One time poster

@Uli: I think ICS doesn't have that option of having multiple size of Photo Widget. It has one and that one is small in scale.straight face

Yes it( option- large small) has been removed from the recent update ..... its neither small nor large.. medium smile happy

I think they removed it because it used to lag  (when selected large size )

Highlighted
One time poster

I believe the one in ICS now is the same as photo and video widget from Xperia S

It occupies 1 whole row of the screen.

Anonymous

Hi everyone it's me, APPSTER.  I couldn't log into my original account for some reason.  Anyway, if it's true that the large and small option has been removed, then I guess I'm stuck with this rather small xperia photo viewer widget.  Thanks, Nabeel.  AlanH, yeah, but it used to occupy one whole home screen, which was really nifty when browsing through my photos.