Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2012-03-02 12:09 PM
I have an Xperia Pro (not mini).
Bought it in Jan 2012.
I know that it is not a gaming phone but I like to play games too ( and the Xperia Pro does have an adreno 205 and a 1Ghz processor like the Xperia Play so it should be able to take a game or two)...
Normal games (those which are not graphic intensive) like Angry Birds RIO can be run for hours together.... No problemo
But hi - end games (particularly Shadowgun, Samurai II: Vengeance, Blood & Glory) are (for lack of a better word) crashing to the home screen.
The games start and I can play for some time but then they crash to the home screen. All three of them show the same behavior so I am inclined to think it is a problem with the device itself.
Some steps I have taken:
1. I played in airplane mode (to see if there was any network interference.
2. Restarted the phone and played.
3. Cleared up phone memory (I have a a free space of 126 MB, Used space is 294 MB)
4. I also have 130 MB free RAM
5. The games are on the microSD Card (all of them... But the SD Card is the one I got with the phone... 8 GB Class 2 microSD card... So it is by no means slow)
My phone is always up to date.
I have read that this issue has been seen in other Xperia phones too.
Please help me out here.
2012-03-05 10:31 AM
Has anyone else had similar issues with Xperia pro or with these games mentioned? Maybe the same combination of phone and games too?
It does indeed sound like issues with the games but we should not rule out this being a phone issue.
Have you been able to play any hi-end games without this problem?